GETF Advisor John Englander has released a new book titled Hide Tide on Main Street: Rising Sea Level and the Coming Coastal Crisis.
Rising sea level is the most profound long-term aspect of climate change. Yet, the public is essentially completely unaware of the magnitude of the problem. For three million years sea level regularly moved up and down almost 400 feet with the ice age cycles. Now, after 6,000 years of minimal change, we are entering a new era of rapid sea level rise. In clear, easy-to-understand language, this book explains:
- The science behind sea level rise, plus the myths and partial truths used to confuse the issue.
- The surprising forces that will cause sea level to rise for 1,000 years, as well as the possibility of catastrophic rise this century.
- Why the devastating economic effects will not be limited to the coasts.
- Why coastal property values will go “underwater” long before the land does, perhaps as early as this decade.
- Five points of “intelligent adaptation” that can help individuals, businesses, and communities protect investments now and in the future.
Hide Tide on Main Street is available on Amazon in both paperback and ebook versions.